This curried lentil soup was one of those recipes that completely surprises you when the kids love it. It contains lentils, curry powder and kale…..did not expect the kids to love it! Our 10-month old gobbled it (as long as he got to feed himself) and our 5-year old also had it for lunch the next day at school, I’d call that a success!
This is another recipe from Dr Patricia Tallman’s book ‘The Restore-Our-Planet Diet’. If you haven’t heard us gushing about this book already, we have found it to be a fantastic resource for both recipes and facts about plant-based eating. The recipes are really straight forward and don’t require lots of unusual, hard to find ingredients.
Curried Lentil and Pasta Soup
Yield 4 Servings
This delicious vegan curried lentil soup is packed full of nutrition and always a hit with the entire family. Even our 10 month old gobbled it!
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 cup Red onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks Celery (diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Large carrot (diced)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 can (6 oz) Tomato paste
- 2 cups Lentils (cooked)
- 110 g (4 oz) Pasta
- 4 pieces Kale (de-ribbed)
- 1 tbsp Curry powder (mild)
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onions, celery, garlic, carrot and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the vegetable broth and tomato paste and stir until well mixed, bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the lentils, pasta, kale and curry powder.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Serve in your favourite soup bowls and enjoy!