As a family we have always loved eating nuts and seeds so we thought it would be a good idea to combine some of our favorites into a nutty butter. We used our loyal and trusty Ninja Ultima blender, which has a nice high powered motor to help pulverize the ingredients. The result was fantastic and super nutritious!
Using a single tablespoon of the nutty butter on a slice of whole grain bread would give 9 grams of protein. Add one cup of fortified soy milk would bring that up to 17 grams of protein to start of your day. The nuts and seeds are also a great source of calcium, iron and healthy omega 3 and 6 fats.
Nutty Butter with Seeds
Yield 3/4 Jar
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- Heat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Spread the almonds evenly on a baking tray and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the almonds out the oven and let them cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Pop the almonds in your blender, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse the blender a few times to break things up, then crank the speed up to a moderate level. Blend for around 10 - 15 minutes. During the blending process I normally have to babysit the process a little, such as scraping the mixture back into the base of the blender.